Wednesday, January 22, 2014

To Please My Lord and God


Lies, deceit and backstabbing, delivered cruelly by those I love
Can only be erased and fixed by He who is above
Pain and anguish, loss and failure, misunderstandings and mistakes
Flinging mud, accusations, how much of this can one girl take

At least I know who I am, and I know who he is too
We’ve never been these people that we are accused of being by you
Don’t know what your motive is, but I can surely guess
For sure it is a selfish one, because it hurts like heck

But it’s alright, what’s done is done, and we’ll continue on
Unfortunately from our lives, some are up and gone
But my life remains so full, because of those around me
And because I don’t allow the crazy drama to affect me

Sure it hurts, sure it sucks, yeah, you got your pleasure
But I still have unconditional love, trust and support without measure
And success, it’s always ours, sorry if that irks you
But it comes from up above, because our lives are filled with love

We know who we truly are, despite all the stupidity
The longer you repeat those lies, the worse your lives will be
We are moving on, our hearts in Heaven, our feet on the ground
Learning to forgive, is where Happiness is found

The worst part is the sad, sad loss of our dear families
And second worst is that there seems to be no loyalty
But we’ll continue helping others and working very hard
To fulfill our purpose here and please our Lord and God

-liz
1/22/14

No comments:

Post a Comment