Monday, April 23, 2012

Don't Need Proof - for don & lance

Havin’ a bad day, ever have one of those?
Surrounded by people, still feelin’ alone
Wish you were here or that I was there
Wishes can’t help me, wish I didn’t care

Send me a smile, and some of your love
Share some of you, a small piece, a hug
Feelin’ so empty, feeling so low
Feelings like this, wish they would go

So far away, you are today
Still you are near, feel you inside
Like part of me, that I can’t hide
I’m only me, when you’re by my side

The best part of me, is what you’ve done to me
The best part of you, is what you give freely
I know you won’t read this, you never do
But I will still write it, I simply have to

You may never know, what words I write for you
But that doesn’t mean what I write isn’t true
You don’t need to see, what you know is real
You don’t need proof, of what you already feel

- liz
4/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment