Friday, April 13, 2012

Springtime in the Dollhouse Neighborhood

The beauty of this earth is so astounding
Oh!  How can I explain
Sing with sweet refrain
The delicious fragrances that now surround me

Springtime trees lined in a row so tidy
Blossoms swirling in the breeze
Falling softly, rain on me
Gathered up with hands, petals so tiny

Heavenly scents, perfumes that can transform
Breathe in boldly, breath I hold
Planting deeply in my soul
Lasting memory, eternal, soft and warm

Tree-lined streets, these feet cannot resist them
Walk beneath the covering
Hummingbird seen hovering
A bird flies, gently calling in the distance



Picket fences, bordering white rows
Flowers blooming, petals sway
In the breezes, perfect day
All around is happiness that grows

My soul, it swells with every step I take
Emotion rises to the surface
A smile beams upon my face
It seems to me a dream, although awake

Whilst in this special place, linger alone
Never to be lonely
Quiet thoughts speak to me
Prayers of gratitude rise for my home

Gurgling fountain, cool, clear water swirling
Dollhouse neighborhood
Pretty flowers, painted wood
The beauty of this earth is so astounding

-Liz
4/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment