Monday, November 11, 2013

Rely not Deny

For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Cor 13:12

I know thy works: behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it; for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:8

The Holy Spirit is what I rely on
There is no way for me to deny it
I can’t deny the witness I’ve gotten
I won’t deny the Father who loves me

The prayers I’ve had answered
The guidance I’ve followed
The path I’ve been shown
I can say I know
 
I know who I am
I know where I came from
I know what I’m doing
I know where I’m going
 
A place full of beauty
Where we’ll live in peace
With unconditional love
From our family above
 
A Father who loves us
A family tree
Rejoicing in goodness
Living for service

The knowledge of this
Fills me with peace
I travel with surety
And strive for purity

Sin is forgotten
Pain is no longer
Hard work is light
Because it is right 

Heaven is as real
As the love that we feel
Faith is the evidence
For which we are blessed
 
Christ is the Shepherd
And we are the sheep
Not following blindly
Just promises to keep
 
With strength and with knowledge
And testing the process
The payoff is there
Try if you dare
 
Search in your heart
It was there from the start
But time can erase
What once was in place

The Holy Spirit is what I rely on
I know it and so I cannot deny it
I can’t deny the answers I’ve gotten
I won’t deny the Father who guides me
 
-Liz
11/11/13
 

No comments:

Post a Comment